Friday 19 July 2013

Slow Descent

It's been a while since the last post, so here's a new one straight from the depths of my mind to you :D

Slow Descent

Into god knows where
Into a deep dark lair
Slowly as a candle burns
My body twists and turns
For I am robed in flames
I am the fire he now claims

Still widely around my soul
All scorched out, nothing but coal
The rope which hasn't snapped
The endless fall in which I'm trapped
The more I fall, the less I care
For all the times, I spent up there

No escape from this descent
None of this is what I meant
Stripped of scent and sight
Cast away from the light
Void of all my senses
Void of all known faces

Creative Commons License
Slow Descent by João Massada is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

No comments:

Post a Comment